This morning I woke up at 4 AM to cook breakfast for my parents before heading out to the fields. Honestly, I've been a daughter-in-law for a few years now, but the number of times I've woken up early to cook is very few. Only on really important days do I set an alarm.
Luckily, I picked some chayote greens yesterday, so this morning I just needed to pick and wash them, then put them in a pot to boil. The rice and greens might take a while to cook since they're a bit tough.
I'll also add some cherry tomatoes to boil with chili. If we don't finish them, we can pack them for lunch in the fields. This is young ginger I bought at the market.
I just cook whatever I have on hand in the morning. Many of you probably haven't eaten this before, have you? It would be even better with some minced meat or a few scrambled eggs. These tomatoes would be more fragrant if grilled over charcoal, but my mother-in-law prefers them boiled like this. I add some salt, seasoning, and grilled green chili. Oh, it smells so good!
It feels strange to cook breakfast for my parents-in-law once in a while. It's not a fancy meal, but by the time I finish cooking, the sun is almost up. After breakfast, I wash some 'mat gan' leaves to boil for tea. It helps detoxify, clear acne, and supports liver health.
After cooking breakfast and sending them off to work, I start cooking pig feed. From my experience, the pigs won't eat until almost noon today. I take the boiled 'mat gan' tea off the heat to cool down. We'll all drink it later.
Nhận xét
Đăng nhận xét